Monday, June 26, 2006

Queer Stories

So apparently conservative parents don't like it when you bring up past stories about their children and know gays. Even though these parents have broken bread with these "queer folk." The story starts like this: I was at a grad party for a young man by the name of Greg W. (friend of my brother.) We (the friend's mother, her sister and my self) had just gotten done scaring the bejesus of her seventeen year old daughter. There is a story of a "haunted church" on Sweedish road and the daughter, Julia and her two cosins Page (12) and Page's older sister (16) had gone to drive by and check it out. They left, with the reluctant agreement of their mothers, with a young man by the name of John (18) who was a friend of the aformentioned brother (Greg). The two mothers get the notion to drive in search of said church and plot with John. Long story short we drive past in a minni-van flashing the lights and wailing like fools at John's stop car. We had just returned back to the house of the party when the children came home. Ha ha all in good fun. We begin to talk of this and that and I look up to the sky and laugh. You know the laugh, the one that sends shivers down Han's spine and tends to attract a lot of atenchen. I had just recaled a time when Brad (Greg's older brother 20) shared a bed with a, now, gay individual. I thought it was funny, but as I told my story the mother grew increasingly more uncomfortable and actually said, "Matt, I think it's time for you to go home." I don't know if she was trying to be funny, but I believe she might have been serious, because her seventeen year old daughter was sitting around the fire with us. I hastenly tried to change the subject and comented to the daughter that she should come up to Bemidji some time in the fall to check the school and the pretty fall colors. Telling stories is one thing, actually sudjesting to a seventeen year old that she should come up to Bemidji when we were just speaking of homosexuals is a bit much for a conservative mother, or probably any mother for that matter. The daughter kept say "ew," and "I don't know how they can do that. Which is good and probably the reason I didn't get thrown out on my ear. I don't think I will be invited back over any time soon. Which is a real shame (because I for got to inquire about a rather atractive high school friend and as to which she was married or seeing anyone as of late.) However, as I walked to my car and was smoke the last embers of my pipe I began to wonder how on Earth cold anyone be so afraid of gay individuals or the idea of being homosexual. I mean sure I guess it is a real fear of partents, but there are far worse things out there. I mean hell, my own father would rather I drink and engage in sexual permiscuaty then to go out and game. I think he would actually prefere it if I called my self gay rather then a writter. But it's too late for that. I would never admit to being a writter (because I lack talent and think there are far better folks out there qualified to be that.) And I don't think I could bring myself to dip in that pool, not even for Froyd. While he does have a nice pair of nockers I don't think that the penis thing could ever do it for me. But, that doesn't mean I veiw homosexuality as something gross or perverted. Just something that's not for me. And I can't see why anyone could transpose thier own values and beliefs on others and demand that hedrosexual relationships are the only ones to be had. I have seen many homosexual relationships that are more pleasent for both parties invalved then hedrosexual relationships. Granted any type of relationship can go south (figurtivly speaking) no matter the oriantation. But, I don't see why that scares parents. Help me out here parents or potential parents. What views do you have on this and why?

2 Comments:

At July 16, 2006 at 3:16 PM, Blogger Froyd said...

well Grubbsy it's a good thing I'm straight, so you'll never be tempted to "dip in that pool".

 
At July 19, 2006 at 8:40 PM, Blogger WETOOTWAAG said...

what are you talking about grubbs, we all so you take advantage of Jesse when he was drunk, making him bite your nipple and all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home