Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A New and Exciting Adventure

Well I figure it's about time, about time again for me to write. I have been lax for too long and need to rediscover my muse. I am hoping to have a new installment every Tuesday and Thursday by about 6:00 am. Whether it be flash fiction or an on-going story I hope to have something up. Maybe, just maybe it might spurn someone to read it and critique it. I don't really have anything ready Today however, so I shall present a short paragraph for a story I am working on. Enjoy.

A soft rain was falling on the Burnt remnits of another nameless village. It had an elder who lead in political matters, a lord who represented it in matters of the crown and a priest who reassured the masses that Morrow was watching over them. It was a bustling village full of life, commerce and the laughter of children. It would have been a fine place to raise a family, until I burnt it to the ground. No, that's not fair to say. I wasn't the only who had a hand in the destruction, but I did play my part and was sickened by it. MY stomach tightened in knots and my vision blurred. It could have been the hunger in my belly or the rain in my eyes, but I know that wasn't. My hands were shaking, clasping and releasing, almost nervously. It was the blood on them. There's an old expression that my father used to say, "No man can live in peace as long as there is another man willing to take orders." He's probably shaking in his cell, that is, if he is still alive. But that's another story entirely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home